Above Ground Pool Liner Replacement

Jul 2, 2012
Hi,
You guys helped me tremendously in the past(see my posts last year!) and the pool has been great but its time to replace the liner.
I posted last year and someone suggested using Gorilla Tape to temporarily repair a tear that I have right at the "tile" line, just below the water line. The tear is about 2ft long, and the Gorilla tape worked last year, but it is time for a permanent fix. Our pool is 18 x 33 oval with a small 6' 6" deep end. The property slopes downward, I don't know if that plays a part in causing the tear.
When in the pool, I tried to find a soft spot, trying to detect any type of washout under the pool but I can't seem to feel one so I am not sure what caused it.
I am lucky enough to have the original plans and documents for the pool (it came with the house we bought).
Just wondering what questions I should ask while getting a quote for the liner and installation to make sure it is done properly.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks! :eek:

You have a 2' rip in the liner that you think is due to the pool being out of level.
You should try to determine if in fact the pool is out of level or not, is there a pattern on the liner that you can compare agaisnt the water line? Is the area around the rip way off?

Could it be winter damage?

Perhaps you could post a picture of it.

Hi Cramar,
I am attaching some pics, but I don't know that they will help. Its impossible to tell if the side appears to sag because of the tear, or if the sag caused the tear. This could be due to winter in Maine, neglect from the previous homeowner or a poor installation.
At this point I'll have to have a company come in and take a look. If you know of any questions to ask, please post. I want to make sure the installer knows what he is doing and knows how to check everything before installation so this does not happen again.
I'll adjust my pics to 512KB and post them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.