Gilbert, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Ok if you see my other thread (in signature) you will see what I started with. We dumped it, re-leveled the ground and got it back up. It has been filling since early morning.

As the water is getting ready to go above the intake for the filter (finally I can start it soon), I wanted to get a baseline reading with my new TF100 test kit (since I am a science/math geek that was like heaven for me).

Here are my current numbers

FC - .5
TA - 70
CC - 4
CH - 120
CYA - 0 (of course)
PH - 7.5

I have read the shock process and I am armed with 10 gallons of liquid chlorine (10%) lol overkill much? Plus I bought the CYA (stabilizer) just in case.

I plugged it all in to the pool calculator and it gives me:

Add 83oz of Chlorine to reach shock level 15
Add 31oz of stablizer

My question is - do I need to get the CYA up first before adding the bleach? I will be brushing this thing at least once a day to get the algae off the walls/floors. I will be getting in the frigid water soon this evening for its first scrubbing. :)

Anything else I need?

Add the CYA to an old tube sock and hang it in front of your return, then pour the bleach in around your pool.

Do you have a pool pole or even a painter's long roller handle? You might not have to get into the pool to scrub it.

Definately add the CYA and shock to those levels. :goodjob:

Thanks U 2 :)

Charlie I bought a expandable pole just for this occasion lol 4ft to 12ft lol

Think I can stretch it around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet! Thank you Charlie.. You are a peach :)

I didnt have a tube sock so used an old knee high to put the CYA in. Thought I read someone doing that :)

Got it and ty :)

Im usually up til 11:30 or so .. Will do what I can tonight and again before work.

CYA is in and dissolved (squeezed the pantyhose a lot) so when I calculate the shock now do I adust my CYA to the level I added or leave it at 0?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One hour later:

FC - 12
CC - 1

Will test one more time before bed.. Sand filter holding steady pressure wise

Once you have the CYA in the sock dissolving, you assume the target level for your normal, shock, and mustard shock chlorine levels, even though it won't show up on the test for about a week.

Since yours is already dissolved, it may only be a few days for it to show up, so test for CYA in a couple of days. Don't add more if it shows less than your target, just wait a couple more days and test again.

Try to keep you FC level from falling below shock, even if it means larger doses for those times when you can't test often. Won't hurt at normal shock levels.

Now that the really hard part of your pool installation -- the leveling -- is done and you are filled, the rest of prepping your for swimming is a piece of cake. Just takes time. Brushing your pool daily will get the crud off the surfaces, so expect some cloudiness to develop if it hasn't already. Just continue to shock, and eventually it will all be killed and filtered out. As your water clears, you will notice less of a chlorine demand -- meaning you will need decreasing amounts of bleach to keep shock levels (at least that has been my experience). This should mean that you are nearing the end of the treatment, but don't let your FC go below shock.

Once your water is clear, then try the OCLT per pool school.

Thanks Charlie :)

Hose connector blew off last night so I had to shut the pump off. Got that back on and began refilling and running this morning.

Will be testing again in a few minutes :)

When you get home from work tonight, it might be a good idea to consider replacing those small through the wall connectors with the larger ones.

This will do two things. First, it will no longer be able to blow the hose off, and will actually increase your flow a small amount.

You can do this with the water above the fitting level, by using a large bowl on the inside of your pool. Put the in the pool parts in the bowl, and have your son hold it tightly to the inside of the pool over the small connector. Remove adapter. You will lose a small amount of water that was inside the bowl. Use the nut as a guide (template) and mark the pool wall. With a utility knife or other VERY sharp knife, cut to the line you marked. It won't be much of a change, you will still have part of the molded in rubber in the wall. Push the old connector into the bowl (you did use a large bowl, didn't you?) and pull the new piece into the now larger hole and finish the install. Put your valve on the outside, closed. Now remove the bowl. Expect a few drips. Tighten the nut (you did use teflon tape, right?) until the drips stop.

That's it! you now have the proper connection for your pump!

Still holding FC at 14 and CC at .5

Just brushed it all out and skimmed what I could. Will vacuum what I can today after it warms up a bit. Now to sit back for a bit lol

Here is a pic of day 2

null-18.jpg

Ok so I am confused lol

I havent lost any chlorine in over 24 hours and over the course havent really lost any.

As of this morning:

FC - 15.5
CC - .5
CYA - 40

Pool is crystal clear.. Still need to vacuum the bottom (having issues trying to accomplish that). There are still algae stains I presume or some sort of stains.

Do I keep up with the shock process? I am brushing it twice a day :)

Now to figure out this vacuum hose...

I think it would be safe now to let the FC drift down. It will probably take several days. Get your vacuum working, or if nothing else, brush it several times a day, to keep it stirred up so the suction can bring it to your filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.