CYA zero

jim001

Jun 23, 2013
kouts indiana
Hello new here but not to pools. How ever this is the first year I have really had problems. The pool was not covered this year and went soup green with leaves and a lot of tad poles were in the pool. I have it to a real cloudy look with all alegy at the bottom I believe. The ph is adjusted to about 7.8 the TA is a little above 80 the TH and CYA will not register on the test strips. (after reading here i will buy a better test kit soon but have to work with this now.) put 8 gallons of bleach in this weekend and still nothing in the pool. Help please.

read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School to understand the function of CYA and why you need it.

Then, read "How to Shock Your Pool" up in Pool School. You will have a VERY difficult time performing that process with strips but that's what you need to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.