Pool Resurfacing

Jun 23, 2013
:hammer: My pool needed resurfacing and I contracted J & J Pool Resurfacing and Repair in Miami CC#0B500464. I did Diamond Brite and since almost the beginning we began to have problems with stains in the pool, then the Diamond Brite began to disappear and holes in the walls of the pool. It was a disaster and we recently had to refinish the pool again. Diamond Brite is supposed to last approx 10 years and we had to refinish by the second year !

Welcome to TFP :wave:

Sorry to hear about your problems with the recent resurfacing. I suspect that your problems are the result of improper application and not the Diamond Brite product itself. Many people on the forum as well as those I know personally are very happy with Diamond Brite.

A general note for anyone in the market for resurfacing is to thoroughly vet out references and work samples of your short list of contractors. This is a job where I would choose a contractor that has a proven reputation for quality work as a priority over price.

Sorry to hear about your pool. I agree with previous poster. There is not much difference in the actual pebble from Diamond Brite, to Pebble Tec, to Gemstone, to StoneScapes and others. The differences can be in the cements and additives in the cement. The cement is like the glue that holds the aggregate together. A pebble pool takes more skill and intensive labor to install correctly. Some pebble companies require that only certified contractors can install their products because they know the importance of correct installation and the effect it can have on their brands reputation. This is most likely a bad installation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.