Code "FP" on my intex SWG CS8110

Pump is running- water flow is good - :whip:
Salt generator part is running = thanks to Dad :cheers:
He rigged it with a battery charger - so just the generator part
works. The timer doesn't work. Which is :grrrr: :grrrr:

So any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

But did manage to clean the pool today - and get the little pump house over
the pool pump & salt generator with an exhaust fan. Hot day in SC. :party:
Now it is thundering & lightening with rain,
Oh well

I found this elsewhere:

"unit has the same programing as the salt water unit with the integrated pump. When you see "FP" it is in Filter Pump mode"

I can't vouch for the accuracy, I have I believe the same unit as you and I've never seen code FP on mine.

I have to say I laughed when I read this one! For me it's so simple, but I could understand where the confusion comes from as the code "FP" isn't explained very well.

"FP" is a feature of the combination systems (chlorinator and filter pump together in one) that stands for "Filter Pump". It allows you to continue using the filter pump section even after your chlorinator dies on you completely (don't you love that Intex knows it will break before the pump will, hence why they have this feature). To toggle this ON or OFF, simply press and hold both the up and down arrows on the control panel at the same time until you hear a single beep from the system and the code "FP" will go away and go back to telling you the amount of hours left in the cycle.

Someone obviously had pressed those two buttons by accident and activated the filter pump only mode (which your salt water generator shouldn't have been working while this was turned on)

Hope this solves your problem!

EDIT: I just realized your model number indicates you have a standalone SWG that's NOT combined with a filter pump. That's very strange that you have a "FP" code on that system, it sounds like Intex is using the same exact board to operate both models! In any case, the only way to get that code to go away on Intex systems is by holding those two arrow buttons I mentioned above at the same time, if that doesn't work then you have me beat.

I have to say I laughed when I read this one! For me it's so simple, but I could understand where the confusion comes from as the code "FP" isn't explained very well.

"FP" is a feature of the combination systems (chlorinator and filter pump together in one) that stands for "Filter Pump". It allows you to continue using the filter pump section even after your chlorinator dies on you completely (don't you love that Intex knows it will break before the pump will, hence why they have this feature). To toggle this ON or OFF, simply press and hold both the up and down arrows on the control panel at the same time until you hear a single beep from the system and the code "FP" will go away and go back to telling you the amount of hours left in the cycle.

Someone obviously had pressed those two buttons by accident and activated the filter pump only mode (which your salt water generator shouldn't have been working while this was turned on)

Hope this solves your problem!

EDIT: I just realized your model number indicates you have a standalone SWG that's NOT combined with a filter pump. That's very strange that you have a "FP" code on that system, it sounds like Intex is using the same exact board to operate both models! In any case, the only way to get that code to go away on Intex systems is by holding those two arrow buttons I mentioned above at the same time, if that doesn't work then you have me beat.

Ok so I tried the above mentioned and my FP doesn't go away. So I was wondering given the fact I have tried absolutely everything INTEX has asked me with no correct results, should I suggest my next step of maybe a LAWYER?

ok had the same problem after cleaning. have the generator plugged in , turn it off by the switch. hold the up and down arrows down at the same time. turn it back on and keep holding them down until "00" appears . then you can set timer. it will blink for 30 to 60 seconds. then stop. you can then do boast.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks, I did everything just like you described but the copper bars are from a brand new intex SWG. I can't get either of them to budge after taking out the screw, It's almost like its also welded into the plastic. Any ideas how to get the copper bars out. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.