Help! IG vinyl liner separating from top

Godiva

LifeTime Supporter
May 24, 2007
NJ
As the owner of a new home with an inground vinyl pool, I am in a bit of a panic because about 15" of the the liner is separating from the top. Is this a problem that my husband and I can fix ourselves, or do we have to call someone? Are we going to have to drain the pool?

I shouldn't let anyone in the pool until it's fixed, right?

Thanks!

ETA: OK, I just found the post below RE: this issue.

Attachments

• IMG_1435_1_3_1.JPG
    IMG_1435_1_3_1.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 172
You should be able to get it back in the track. Might involve some grunting and cussing. If it won't go, pour some hot water from a faucet over the liner below the gap to make it easier to stretch. If it keeps coming out, you can get a product called liner lock to hold it in, or just wedge a penny or popsicle stick behind it.

yup, an easy fix just as John said - some hot water and you're in business, just don't use BOILING water.
In this case, it may even stretch back into place with only a little elbow grease since it's a relatively mild case.
Liner lock is always a good thing to have on hand for these issues.

YAY...I fixed it! The sun finally got over to shine directly on that part of the liner, and I was able to pop it back on.

Now, where's the "hands clapping" smiley?! edit :goodjob: :whoot:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.