Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help! IG vinyl liner separating from top

1. Back To Top    #1

Help! IG vinyl liner separating from top

As the owner of a new home with an inground vinyl pool, I am in a bit of a panic because about 15" of the the liner is separating from the top. Is this a problem that my husband and I can fix ourselves, or do we have to call someone? Are we going to have to drain the pool?

I shouldn't let anyone in the pool until it's fixed, right?

Thanks!

ETA: OK, I just found the post below RE: this issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~30K IG vinyl w/Hayward DE filter; inline chlorinator; Hayward gas heater; Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome!

Good luck, and feel free to ask any other questions you have along the way!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3
    You should be able to get it back in the track. Might involve some grunting and cussing. If it won't go, pour some hot water from a faucet over the liner below the gap to make it easier to stretch. If it keeps coming out, you can get a product called liner lock to hold it in, or just wedge a penny or popsicle stick behind it.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4
    yup, an easy fix just as John said - some hot water and you're in business, just don't use BOILING water.
    In this case, it may even stretch back into place with only a little elbow grease since it's a relatively mild case.
    Liner lock is always a good thing to have on hand for these issues.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Looks like that will be a piece of cake compared to the spot I need to do. I have to wait for the weather to warm up though. Pool is under 60°F still.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Back To Top    #6

YAY...I fixed it! The sun finally got over to shine directly on that part of the liner, and I was able to pop it back on.

Now, where's the "hands clapping" smiley?! edit
    ~30K IG vinyl w/Hayward DE filter; inline chlorinator; Hayward gas heater; Polaris 280