New motor= 50% power loss in Polaris???

Jun 22, 2013
Had a 12 year old 1.5 hp Hayward pump ( same motor for filter and polaris) motor gave out and warranty company replaced motor only (with century centurion) since then it seems like my polaris is moving about half the speed and not sucking stuff up as well. It usually has the pool sparking by lunch but now there is still some debris at night when it turns off. I was going to call company that installed on Monday but was hoping someone had good ideas on what to adjust. Is the trouble due to the motor they gave me? (I assume the warranty co would give me a pretty crappy/cheap one.)

The work might have caused some debris to get stuck in the Polaris inlet filter. Check that first. Did the filter pressure change considerably after they replaced the motor?

It's a de filter and pressure was running around 15-18 (but it was a bit dirty) - 12 was normal but this is my new house and I have only been tracking a couple of weeks.
Anyway after they were done pressure has been running around 8 I wen ahead and back washed and it stayed at 8

Because the pressure is lower, the pump is not producing the same flow rate it was before. Given, they were working on the pump itself, my guess is they either damaged the impeller or something else in the wet end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.