How many bottles of bleach?

JohnN

Jun 24, 2012
Howell, NJ
So a few weeks ago, I got my first truck. It's a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 4.7L V8. Quad cab, long bed. 4x4. It's amazing how hard it was to find a truck that had everything I wanted. So the question is: How many bottles of bleach can fit in the truck? Bed and cab included.
DSCN0001.JPG

DSCN0002.JPG

DSCN0003.JPG

DSCN0004.JPG

DSCN0005.JPG

DSCN0006.JPG

DSCN0007.JPG

DSCN0008.JPG

The other day I brought it into the shop to grease it up (turns out everything is sealed) and when it was up on the rack I noticed it had a busted leaf spring, and both sides were bent. So I took the springs out, and brought them to a place by me (rnhspring.com) and they replaced the broken leaf, re-arced the springs, and added a new leaf to each side. The back of my truck now sits up 3" higher than it did before. I have a close-up of the Sport badge so you can see my touch-up work. It was all faded, so I used some model paint to make it look better.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Will 250 jugs fit in that truck? Assuming a jug is 8" diameter at the base, with an 8' bed that works out to 12 bottles per row, then 6 rows across that is 72 rows. Double that so it can be stacked 2 high that is only 144 bottles. I don't think 100 bottles will fit in the cab. So I am going to guess another 40 in the cab for a total of 184.

I've had over a ton in the back of mine, but mine's a Dodge 2500 4x4 diesel. :p

I picked up all 1300 lbs of salt in mine, couldn't even tell it was there. While I was there getting the salt, some crazy guys were trying to put a pallet of composite shingles into the back of a Ford Ranger. It didn't work. :)

Nice truck, I bet you like it a lot!

The math just got easier. I have found that Aldi has the best deal on bleach, so we are talking boxes of 4 96 oz bottles. They are approx. 12.5" x 13". Now I just need to measure the bed again. When I put the new springs in, I had them add a leaf, so I bet I could put 2000 lbs in there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.