pool bottom products

Hey there fellow pool fans!! We are getting going on out above ground pool project, and have a question about using some sort of protective bottom...

I am wondering if I could use laminate flooring underlay under my (polygroup) ultra frame rectangle pool?

We are getting the ground dug out a bit and properly leveled, I want a smooth bottom for ease of cleaning and the nice feel on the feet :)

Otherwise what have you used? Sand? Gorrila or happy feet?

Definitely don't let any pool salesman tell you that the guys do a terrific job with sand and it will save you $. Not sure why he wanted me to spend less, maybe so I would like him and always buy chemicals there.

He was right, they did a great job. I didn't see the entire process, but I believe they made the base using sand. Season 4 and there are dips and wrinkles, although they're not terrible and some roots can't be blamed on them. But a smooth softer bottom would have been ideal, especially at $200, even a bit more would have been acceptable.

My biggest problem is that my parents had an in-ground when I was young and I've been wanting another one ever since we moved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.