Odd oval liner replacement size

Onslow

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2010
Kentucky
I had a pool contractor come out to give me a quote on liner replacement. I was not sure if the length was 32ft or 33ft so he measured it and said it was 32' 6" x 18' 3". He added that the liner needed to be sized exactly right so with that a custom-sized liner would have to be ordered.

The pool is Aquasphere and I can't seem to find anything on if they (or anyone else) sell such a size. Do AGPs lose dimension over time or what's going on here?

Are you sure that the water hasn't displaced the buttresses on either side of the pool over time? How old is the pool? Are the straight walls still straight? I know oval pools are put under a lot of stress because the water wants to form and therefore the walls take on more pressure than a round pool would. I'm thinking, and I could be wrong, that maybe your straight walls have expanded out (even if only a few inches), forcing the oval pool out of line. Is the pool firmly set in the tracks at the bottom?

Unfortunately it was there when we got the house (about five years ago). I know nothing of its origin and Aquasphere brings limited Google results. It has buttresses running along the sides (top is surrounded by decking). I can't imagine someone making a non-standard size.

I'm going to have the other contractor in town take a look at it for second opinion as the first is wanting to sell a $600+ custom-size liner. Didn't know they made such things. Purpose of this thread was to see if any background or experiences were out there on this situation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.