new owner needs help

Jun 17, 2013
Bought a Circupool Si25, installed it yesterday. Three days ago I put in 350 lbs of salt, yesterday I added 300 lbs. more. Salt test strips says I have 1630 ppm of salt in 21,000 gal pool. On the front of the control box it says I have 800 ppm of salt. When I go through the diagnostic display panel "Cell current (typically 2.5-7.8 amps when chlorine is being generated, otherwise 16-25" Mine reads 0.

Were going to be in the 90's this weekend I'm afraid I will end up with an algae bloom.

You are going to need some bleach, until you solve your SWG issues. You should get some and raise your chlorine level to your target. I only use mine to maintain a chlorine level, never for shocking, never for start of season, this is to help preserve it.

harleysilo said:
You are going to need some bleach, until you solve your SWG issues. You should get some and raise your chlorine level to your target. I only use mine to maintain a chlorine level, never for shocking, never for start of season, this is to help preserve it.

We have a lot of powdered shock left. Should I turn the SWG off and just use the shock for now?

I can't answer that without knowing all of your test results. You may not need anymore of whatever other chemicals the shock is adding besides the chlorine. Liquid chlorine aka bleach would be best cause it only adds the chlorine you need. You may have room in you numbers to use the shock, I just don't know without test results.

What is your SWG's required salt level?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.