Correct water level?

gb99

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2013
Boston, MA
Hi,

I refilled my pool and the water is now above the skimmer openings. What's the correct level for the pool water? Also, when I tried to get the filter to suck/operate the skimmers, the skimmer doors would not fold down like I thought they would. Is it because the water level is too high?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 4.5.JPG
    4.5.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 106
Your was level is in fact too high, that's why the door isn't working.

I keep mine half way between second and third screw from the bottom. The more experienced will pop in and let you know what level they keep theirs, but between second and third works well for us here. The weir door operates as it should at that level.

lee872 said:
About the 1/2 way point of the skimmer. For me, that's at the top of the middle screw. I like to run mine a little high to allow for backwashing and evaporation, so I let the rains raise my level until it interferes with the flow.

X2
Midpoint or a bit above midway on skimmer. Evaporates fast with the wind we get.

That looks like the same skimmer I have. On mine, there is a little sideways pointing triangle or chevron molded into one side of the face trim between the two center screws to indicate the "proper" water level. Similar to what others have said, I usually fill to the second screw from the top and let it evaporate down to that arrow, between the 2nd and 3rd screw.

Dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.