Introduction & Thanks

Hi, I found this site a couple weeks ago after opening our pool to find a swamp. After reading Pool School, I've become much more educated on pool water chemistry and have started with the BBB approach. Everything is now working well (except the weather). We've had the pool since 2002 and this 'swamp' problem has occurred every 2 or 3 years and my solution has always been to replace the water -- problem solved for the summer. However, last year our water company started metering our water usage and I'd prefer not to refill the pool with tap water if possible. I still have some questions -- the learning process continues, but the water has been sparkling clear for almost 3 weeks now.

Thanks

Welcome to TFP and very glad to hear you are enjoying the learning. If you find it fun, it will be easy peezy for you. Questions are good because it means you are thinking. I like to hear it's going well for you, and if you stay with it, your problems will be few and far between.

Welcome! Glad to have you!

I understand the water metering as our city has recently raised rates dramatically. Although it has not affected my family (on a well) much of our community is not happy.

If you maintain your water w/BBB, you shouldn't ever have to drain your pool again. :party:

Welcome! :wave:

You managed to clear a swamp just by reading, no questions?

Congratulations, Pool School Graduate!
graduate.gif

How about some pictures?