Taking screen off intex return eyeball

Mine screwed off and I do not use them. Even though it helps, it isn't dramatic, but I will take anything I can get that helps even a little. If you take it off the suction side, be mindful that it's there to keep children's long hair and clothes from being sucked in and held under water.

Well when I installed my hayward skimmer I installed the outlet that it came with to. I noticed that the hayward outlet had more pressure, but it was leaking a little bit. So me i kept tinkering with it until I broke it. I reinstalled the intex outlet and naturally the pressure was not as good. I will remove the eyeball screen today. Hopefully that helps.

Well I took the screen off and it seemed to make the flow worse. So if anyone out there is thinking about taking the screen off the intex eyeball, DO NOT!! I some how rigged the hayward return back to the pool. The flow is so much better with the hayward return!

thedarktitan said:
Well I took the screen off and it seemed to make the flow worse. So if anyone out there is thinking about taking the screen off the intex eyeball, DO NOT!! I some how rigged the hayward return back to the pool. The flow is so much better with the hayward return!

I know you said you were going with the Hayward, but I'm curious exactly which Intex fisheye you had. Mine is what came with the Ultra Frame, a fairly large (sorry, didn't measure) fitting with a molded-on screen capped off by the fish-eye attachment, which had the central outlet for aiming and eight screened sections around the outside, all blocked from within by rubber flaps.

When hooking up my new pump, I was concerned with the pressure 50 gpm would create, so I hastily cut off all of the flaps. The resulting output was just too undirected and "wishy-washy," so I managed to glue four of the flaps back in! Much happier with the flow and directionality now.

Ehh mine was the intex ultra as well. I just took my drill and drilled some holes in both screens then broke them off with some pliers. What I noticed was just a bunch of water flowing out, but with no "power" behind it. I actually think the intex pushed water out better before I broke the screens off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.