Rust starting on intex ultra

Apr 22, 2013
I noticed today while I was installing my skimmer that a small amount of rust was starting to form on some of my T joints. I also noticed some forming on my ladder. Could someone lead me in the best plan of action. I read on some threads about lighty sanding then spraying some por15. Hoping I could beat this so I could at least have this pool for 2-3 years.

precisely why i'm not using the SWG any longer. rust completely destroyed my intex ultra frame inside of 3 years and i'm convinced the salt did it. i'm now using the BBB method to care for my new 18x52 ultra frame and it is working great! no more salt for me! :party:

Salt may or may not be contributing. Water + metal = rust. Intex pools are inexpensive, to say the least and I don't think they put a lot of rust inhibitors on these pools. Also, the salt concentration in a salt water pool is pretty low. Take care of the rust spots the same as you would on anything else. Sand it, paint it, repeat as necessary.

John

I just pulled my down a few weeks ago and had major rust (luckily not through it just surface) so we sanded all the T Joints and painted them with Rustoleum Primer before putting it back together yesterday...

If I can get another year or 2 out of it I will be happy then I can Upgrade lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.