RS-485 communication cable

Your pump should have come with a black cable with stripped wires (4) on one end and a screw in multipin connector on the other side. The multipin connector screws into the side of the pump (under a black plastic cover). Check the manual for your pump (you can download it from Pentair's web site) to find the location. Unfortunately, those wires are rather expensive and proprietary, so you would need to purchase one if you can't locate the one shipped with the pump.

Something like this would likely work:

http://compare.ebay.com/like/2610861798 ... s&var=sbar

We did not put the pool in. I have not seen the cable with the stuff they left. I suspect that was either kept by the pool builder or toss by the previous owners. The pump is Pentiar IntelliFlo VS-3050 (4x160). From the manual "The IntelliFlo VS-3050 can be controlled by a SunTouch system via the RS-485 communication cable (P/N 350122). To connect the two wire RS-485 cable from the IntelliFlo VS-3050 drive assembly to the motherboard located in the SunTouch Power Center:" It looks like that is the right part number you posted. Thank you.

I do have another question. I am having trouble figuring out if I can control everything from the Suntouch. I have the solar, heater, intellichlor, booster pump, and pool & spa lights. I am okay with having to use manual control, but I would like to be use the Suntouch for the intellichlor so I set the pump speeds and SWG settings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.