How to connect Intex 1 1/2" hoses to Hayward DE Filter?

Jun 21, 2013
I bought a used 18' Intex metal framed pool at the end of last summer. The previous owner discarded the inefficient intex pump/filter and upgraded to an older Hayward DE EC40 filter. I am perplexed on how to attach the Intex hoses (each hose end has the gray collared threaded screw on ends) to the Hayward filter that has ends meant to attach pool hoses with a hose clamp. Any suggestions? Thanks! (ps- my first post here so hope I covered everything).

Perhaps the pics filesize is too big. I do know the forum has a limit on the file size of attachments. You can find free online image resizers. I use this website to make the files smaller. http://www.webresizer.com/ HOWEVER, I don't ever put a picture on there that I wouldn't want online. I just assume the website is selling my photos for nefarious reasons...and don't resize anything but pictures of my broken equipment or my poolwater :)

Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.