Uncovered and all new equiptment working

Hotrod30

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Dec 22, 2007
Central New York
Uncovered the pool Monday afternoon. It was a real deep green to black color. A lot of dead leaves were on the loop-lok cover. I started the new Pentair VF pump and drained the anti-freeze to waste. Started the new filter and had only one small leak at a union. Took care of that; programed the pump and started filtering. Threw in my mix of stuff and let it do it's thing.

Tonight I used my new TFP test kit (I like it).

FC 8
CC 1
TC 9
PH 7.5
TA 100
CH 80
CYA 30

I'm going to raise the CYA up just alittle. Water is still cloudy; but I can see the shallow end bottom. I'll vacuum and brush some tomorrow. I have the pump running at 46 GPM 24 hours a day for now. Wow, that pump is quiet. I'll start up the DE filter Saturday.

Hey,

You might speed the process a little by taking your FC up to around 15-20 and holding it there until your pool is crystal clear. The CC of 1.0 will be eliminated and the extra chlorine will really kill off anything that might be lingering.

That's a nice report on what is apparently a very nice pump (mine sounds like a turboprop).

(Thanks for complimenting the test kit :lol: )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.