New pool owner have some problems...

Jun 21, 2013
I just purchased a FC house with a 35k pool. My main concern is that I always have air in the system. I replaced all o-rings,ensured that the water level is proper and checked all the visible pipes for leaks. In addition I also have a leak which I am afraid could be from one of the underground pipes since I could not localize anything with dye inside the pool. I loose about 3-4 inches in a week and then water line settles right above the bottom of the skimmer. Any ideas?

Also why do I only have 1 suction pipe (most setups I see have 2)? I have 1 skimmer and a drain. What is the loop of pipes on the bottom left?Cant really see but the pipe after the diverter goes into the ground before that loop.

77602.jpg

Thanks in advance.

First off air in the system while running is almost always a suction side leak, the most common place to find them is the gasket on the pump basket (check the o ring, lubricate with silicone lubricant, also check the drain plugs on the pump). As to the single return most likely the drain is plumbed through the skimmer, it was a common method to prevent entrapment hazard from the main drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.