Do you need the rope at the bottom of an Intex Ultra Frame?

Apr 17, 2013
Howell, MI
I have recently finished setup my first pool. Intex 16 X 48 ultra frame pool. After all the permits :grrrr: and way too much money it's finally approved and ready to go :cheers: . This is the first weekend the water is a good temp (low 80s) and it will be near 90 (outside) for the next several days. :goodjob:

My question is do you need the rope on the bottom of the leg that the instructions say is optional? I have done a fair amount of reading on here and I have seen that some people use ratchet straps. I don't care either way. We have only gotten in the pool a few times (very light use) I'm just concerned that after my oldest (10) and teenage brother-in-laws splash around there might be some movement. Has anyone NOT done the rope or straps? How did it turn out?

Re: Do you need the rope at the bottom of an Intex Ultra Fra

I went with what I read here and purchased ratchet straps. On my 14' one the rope was useless and didn't hold anything. I figured the straps would at least do a much better job :)

I don't have a rope or straps on mine and my nephews just put my pool to the "test", let's just say that after I saw what they were doing I have no concerns about this thing falling down. Just keep an eye on the legs and every so often take a small level and check the legs. If mine move a little I take a RUBBER mallet and I push up on the "T" and the wife GENTLY taps the legs at the bottom to straighten them out.

My first pool needed ratchet straps. Legs spayed out like an overloaded pack mule. My current pool does not have that problem and i have the rope loosely tied. I can't figure the difference between the two. Both use the same pad, both level within an inch. Oh well.

John

Mine came with a rope but one year in the Arizona sun has disintegrated portions of it completely. I have not replaced it and so far so good. I planned to replace it but its holding up so I'm going to leave it alone for now. I haven't noticed any change either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.