Use two liners in AG?

ajtorn

May 7, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Hello,
I recently installed an oval 15x30 above ground pool. The liner has a manufacturer defect on the seam (found out after pool was filling and noticed leak). I came across a new liner on Craigslist...still in box of same size for $50 (still can't believe the luck). My question is: Can I keep the old liner in...repair the seam tear...then install the new liner over it for added protection? What would be the possible problems? Thank you :)

What type of liner is it (overlap, etc)?

Can't you fix the seam?
Can't you get it replaced under warranty?

Personally I'd probably buy the liner as a future replacement since it's such a deal, then try to replace/repair your current liner.

Thanks for replying. It's an overlap. The warranty states it will only replace it...so I'd have to take it out, cut a 1'x1' section, mail it to them, then wait for them to send me a new one. I will most definitly save one or the other for future use but was just wondering if anyone has used two liners at once for the added protection against wear and tear? Especially since I have teenage boys...I need all the strength I can get :lol:

I don't think that's a good idea. Use one liner at a time. If you try and install a liner over top of another liner, you will not get a smooth bottom or sides and it will be a big wrinkled mess.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.