Newbie needing help with numbers...

I do have some bleach on hand. I poured 1 jug in on Sunday night. It didn't appear to do much good, but some has to be better than none at all.

I am actually debating something else now which should probably be a new thread, but is kind of related. I am debating on having my pool drained completely and refilled. The reason being is because when I attempted to drain it earlier this spring my liner floated up on me and once it settled back down it developed quite a few wrinkles. Since my pool is green and the wrinkles are still there, I am thinking about going that route. I have received several quotes that are all around $500 - $600 which I really don't have nor want to spend.

Not sure what I should do.

Okay... here is an update. I have my CYA down to 80. I am hoping that is okay to now fight my algae issue that developed while draining my pool with the pump off.

I can't get over how many jugs of chlorine bleach I have used. I get very strange looks at Walmart as I am sure I am on a watch list somewhere now :shock: .

Anyway, I am trying to keep my FC around 21 as noted by the Pool Calculator. I am not always successful in keeping it that high as it dropped overnight to 6. I added 4 more 174 oz. 6% jugs in this morning before going to work and will work on it as soon as I get back home today.

I have read the shock guide in the Pool School area and am trying to stay on track. Is there anything else that I need to be doing that I haven't noted here besides patience?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.