Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: For Jason and others who use the Dolphin

1. Back To Top    #1

For Jason and others who use the Dolphin

How long have you used it and are you pleased with the overall performance? I'm about ready to replace the worn Kreepy Krawley skimmer system with something else.
    20x40 30,000 gal IG Liner, Pentair II Sand

2. Back To Top    #2
    I'm not Jason but I can assure you that you don;t want a Dolphin. I've had two and both failed and didn;t clean that great. BLue Diamond or Pearl is the way to go. Actually Frontgate has a Father Day special and I bought my Dad a Blue Pearl with cart and 4 yr warranty for $654. Can't beat that anywhere. They clean WAY better than the Dolphin products.
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by cruzmisl
    I'm not Jason but I can assure you that you don;t want a Dolphin. I've had two and both failed and didn;t clean that great. BLue Diamond or Pearl is the way to go. Actually Frontgate has a Father Day special and I bought my Dad a Blue Pearl with cart and 4 yr warranty for $654. Can't beat that anywhere. They clean WAY better than the Dolphin products.
    That looks like a good deal, but I can't find it on Frontgate's site. Do you have a link?

Thanks!
    blubluenoiseise

My pool: 14,750 gallons in-ground plaster
    FAFCO Solar panels (seven 4' x 12') with a Goldline automatic controller
    1/2 HP WhisperFlo filter pump, Kreepy Krauly cleaner, Cartridge Filter
    Aquarite SWG, Satisfied user of the TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4
    I am in my third season with the Dolphin and am totally happy with it. It cleans the pool in about four hours and basically just works. There has been a little wear on the rollers, but nothing serious yet. I have yet to need to replace anything. The bag is not as easy to clean as the one on the Diamond/Pearl, but it doesn't bother me much. I have the remote control and an glad that I got it. The remote lets me steer for the dirt and I can do a quick touch up in half an hour that way, including getting it out, cleaning the pool, cleaning the bag, and putting it away. But mostly I just set it on it's way and four hours later the pool is clean.

I have heard some horror stories about warranty repair, but then that is true of the other brands as well.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenoise
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzmisl
    That looks like a good deal, but I can't find it on Frontgate's site. Do you have a link?

Thanks!
    It's on the outlet site but is now $899

Frontgate
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

6. Back To Top    #6
    Going the third season with my Dolphin. No remote on mine, just let it run. I do have to keep checking it, gets stuck on main drains. It also does one path between the swimout and skimmer deep end alot. Shape of pool walls/slope is my guess. I don't think this would change with any other robot. I use it about every week to week and half.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/