Brown stain at the bottom of my pool

Jun 21, 2013
mbar said:
Thanks Waterbear! I don't really read the forum too much, busy with grand babies :-D , but I will answer any questions about staining - just pm :) Hope you are having a great start to summer everyone! By the way I used citric acid this year instead of ascorbic cause it really got expensive, and so far it worked like a charm. :mrgreen:

I have had my salt water pool re-opened by one group. I have a brown stain at the bottom of my pool since it was opened. I have a woman who put more chemicals to fight metal stains, and the stairs turnings yellow. Tomorrow will be 24 hours that I have had my water filter device on, at her instruction, for 24 hours. Tomorrow will be 24 hours or more. The stain seems to still be there. We had her add enough bags of salt water, use specifically for our kind of pool. She told us to leave the pool system going continuously for the past 24 hours to make the chemicals efficient. Tomorrow we will see if this has worked or not.

What do you do in situations like this?

Our steps leading into my pool look yellow. Will what she has done help this situation?

Thank you.

D.

Welcome to TFP!

Without knowing what was added to your pool, we can't tell whether it will help or not. Metal staining, if that's what you have, can be frustrating to deal with. How old is your pool, and is this the first time you've had the problem?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.