TF-100 FAS/DPD Reagent drop size same for K-2006?

Camman

May 25, 2012
Raymond, NH
This seems like a stupid question, but, I have to ask to make sure I am not messing up my test results.

I have a Taylor K-2006 test kit. I have been ripping through the FAS/DPD Reagent (R-0871). I exhausted the bottle that came with the kit, ordered the .75oz "Taylor Refill" size from TFTestKits and now that is also almost gone due to the large amount I've needed to use for testing during the shock process.

Anyway, so I figured it would be a lot more economical to buy the 2oz "TF-100" refill size (http://tftestkits.net/R-0871-2-0z-Reage ... t-p53.html) for 2 bucks more than the .75oz Taylor size, but, I wanted to check and see if the "drop size" from this bottle will be the same as the "drop size" from the Taylor bottle because I am still using the Taylor comparator tube and instructions.

See, kind of silly question, but could make a big difference if the drop sizes are different between kits. Next season I am probably going to switch to the TF-100 w/ XL because it seems like it is a lot more economical when you have to do a bunch of tests. But hopefully when I properly close my pool this season I won't need so much shock testing at the beginning of the season :wink:

Perfect, thanks for the quick answers everyone! The 2oz bottle seems like a much better deal than the Taylor bottle and I think my shock process is finally starting to wind down so hopefully I won't have to get anymore the FAS/DPD Reagent this season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.