Help wiring pentair superflo 1.5

Jun 20, 2013
I am a very new pool owner with a construction background, I am by no means an electrician but have done lots of electrical work. I am running a circuit to my pool filter, 1.5hp superflo, I want to put it on a 220 circuit which is normally two hots and a ground.

My question is, by code it's to be on a GFI breaker, without the common (white wire) how does that work?? Will it work??

Also the pool filter has L1 L2 and a ground. The schematic is barely legible. Wonder how all this is gonna work. Want to make sure it's correct as I am a firefighter I see what mistakes with electrical cause.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Welcome to TFP!

The CGFI breaker will work just fine even though there isn't a neutral/white wire. The breaker gets a neutral/white connection inside the box, but no neutral/white wire runs to the pump.

The two hot wires usually go to L1 and L2, and ground goes to the special ground terminal, though this varies a little from pump to pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.