Cloudy water

dahohm

Mar 31, 2012
west central Texas
I have a SWG and have not had any problems with the water staying perfectly clear until recently. Now, it has been cloudy for 5 days. We have shocked the pool and done the overnight free chlorine test each morning and it has been fine. Here are the current numbers:

FC 8
PH 7.8
Salt 3000
CYA 55
TA 100

We need some help as to what to do next. We have already added more CYA to get those levels up. Any advise?

No I can't think of anything that might be different. It hasn't been extremely hot yet either and we have had rain but the we did testing each day and nothing seemed off after the rain. I vacuum at least once a day and sometimes twice. We have not changed the sand recently. Could that be the problem?

You should never need to change the sand.....that's a pool store myth.

A very inexpensive procedure you can try is to simply elevate your chlorine to twice it's maintenance level for a couple of days and run your pump 24/7. That might do it. It is fine to swim at those levels so you can use the pool normally.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.