Pool Safety Cover

Apr 7, 2013
NJ
Going to be installing a 20 foot by 40 foot free form mountain lake type pool. The pool company wants $4600 for a solid safety cover installed. I am pretty sure I can do it myself for about half or less? Has anyone installed their own mesh or solid safety covers with any tips or ideas? Also where did you purchase the cover? and did you take all the measurements yourself?

Thanks in advance guys and girls...

I installed my own. You'll want to invest in a hammer drill and a good bit. I paid $1200 for my mesh cover online. Measured it myself. The installation wasn't all that hard. I stretched ropes across the pool to hold the cover up while I got it laid out to mark the holes.

I agree, very manageable DIY project. I bought mine at the local PS. I had someone from the company come out and measure because I knew that would be the hardest part. I installed it over a concrete deck with a hammer drill in a couple hours. The hardest part was adjusting the straps to the right length after it was installed....not difficult, just time consuming.
I like the idea of rope under the cover for installation. I didn't do it so some of my straps aren't perfectly perpendicular to the cover. No one else notices but me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.