ReFilling a Vinyl Pool

BB BMW

May 14, 2013
Alabama (Roll Tide)
I am refilling a 16' x 32' Vinyl Liner pool.
The pool is around 15,000 gallons. It goes from about 3 1/2 feet at the shallow end, to about 5 feet in the deep end.
It still has about 12 inches of water in the bottom to maintain the liner stretch.
Is there anything I should do as I refill it with fresh water? I know I will need to be checking all of the chemical levels, but being fresh water with no CYA, very little chlorine, etc., what is
the best procedure to do as far as getting it ready to swim and maintain with the BBB method?

16' x 32' Vinyl Liner
15,000 galloons (about 3 1/2 feet to 5'-0" feet)
1 HP Hayward Super-Flo pump
Sand Filter
Automatic Chlorinator
Not Salt Water

JasonLion said:
That should be fairly easy. When the pool is done filling, run the pump for 30 minutes and then test all of your levels. The details of what you need to adjust depend on those test results.

Ha..........

Yeah, that's the very first step after filling.
I was looking for answers like -

Have plenty of Bleach on hand (like 10 gallons) or Go ahead and get 10lbs of CYA and get ready to do the Shock Process, etc.

Thanks

Other than needing at least some CYA, we can't predict what you will need. You can get a partial idea by measuring the TA of your fill water, but it also depends on what the levels are in the water that remained in the pool.

JasonLion said:
Other than needing at least some CYA, we can't predict what you will need. You can get a partial idea by measuring the TA of your fill water, but it also depends on what the levels are in the water that remained in the pool.

JasonLion

Thanks for the info.

I guess I didn't make my questions clear. I was not asking for specific amounts of chlorine/bleach, ph up/down or really any chemical levels.
I would like to know anything in general about refilling a pool that others may have encountered.
I searched the forums with little luck on this.
Just wondering things like: watch out for liner wrinkle, check for metals, call water company, see if FD will fill it for me, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.