New House, Old Pool..Need help!

G

Hi everyone! This is my first post although I'm a frequent visitor!

We bought a foreclosed home with an IG pool. The pool is 20x40 approx 40,000 gallons. We have tried (unsuccessfully) twice now to open the pool. We are having some trouble and I have a couple questions before we give this a third try. If it doesn't work this time I think we may fill it in..we are ready to rip our hair out!

1. When we put new DE in (the skimmer) it comes out white for a few minutes through the return. It doesn't do it continuously only just when we first put the DE in. Is this a problem?

2. We have 2 skimmers. The one closest to the pump seems to work fine but the one furthest away seems to have very little or no suction at all. We tried cleaning out the line and used the hose, an air compressor, and the pressure washer the clear the line. We went both ways but it didn't do any good.

3. The previous owners left what pool equipment they had. We have tried both of the manual (triangular) pool vacs they left but it never gets any suction. We obviously use the skimmer that has suction. We also can't divert to only one skimmer.

We've dredged up as much gunk from the bottom of the pool as we can but it really needs vacuumed and I know its pointless to continue with chemicals until all the junk is out of the pool. And trust me-there's still a lot in the deep end. It's too fine for the net to pick up.

Here's what we have going on equipment-wise;
Hayward SuperPump
Hayward Perflex EC75
Hayward Heater (running but no heat turned on)

I know nothing about DE filters, or valves on IG pools, so gonna throw out the first few things that come to mind.

Is your pump a 2 speed pump and its running on low?

Some configuration of valves not set properly or just broken and stuck where they are at. I have to assume there is a main floor drain..wonder if its set to suck through that but its just so covered with debris that is why your low on pressure. Are there valves and are they labeled?

scott.MI said:
I know nothing about DE filters, or valves on IG pools, so gonna throw out the first few things that come to mind.

Is your pump a 2 speed pump and its running on low?

Some configuration of valves not set properly or just broken and stuck where they are at. I have to assume there is a main floor drain..wonder if its set to suck through that but its just so covered with debris that is why your low on pressure. Are there valves and are they labeled?

No it's just one speed.

Yes, there is one valve for the skimmers. It appears to be simply on and off. We also haven't felt (during cleaning) a main drain on the floor of the pool. Not to say there isn't one but we haven't located it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.