Platinum Supporter
Mar 19, 2013
Southlake, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Starting Construction today, June 20 2013. First time I will have a pool in my own backyard. I will post some drawings and photos for the benefit of others and welcome your comments, feedback, and suggestions. We hope to be swimming by Labor Day. :party:

Plan is for 18x37 just big enough for a diving board (controversial I know). Excavator just getting started in attached photos

Attachments

• Pool photos for compression.jpg
    Pool photos for compression.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 1,368
Hi, welcome to TFP! I hope your homeowner's insurance doesn't give you grief about the diving board. If you haven't looked into that yet you may want to. Looks like a very nice pool!

Artist renderings of the pool............trust me this house is 17 years old, the grass does NOT look that good. :wink:

Attachments

• Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 1,361
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    201.9 KB · Views: 1,358
  • Slide5.JPG
    Slide5.JPG
    216.1 KB · Views: 1,358
You know, I did check with our HOA, of course, for plans approval AND I checked out the recommended minimum safety specs for the "diving envelope and made sure we designed well beyond minimums, but I have not consulted my homeowner's insurance. THANK YOU for a good suggestion.

halfway through the first day of digging the shallow end is starting to take shape! Amazing to watch how much dirt the excavator moves with one bucket (Case CX135SR).

Attachments

• interior smaller.jpg
    interior smaller.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 1,314

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
FirstPoolLastPool said:
jamgolf said:
FirstPoolLastPool said:
Hey jamgolf (neighbor) who is your builder?

We decided to work with Cody Pools.
How about you?

We chose Claffey.

Claffey are very reputable. We got bids from Cody, Claffey and Watercrest.
We found all three builders to be very professional in our dealings.

Good luck - your project looks very nice.
With those large shade trees it will be awesome!

end of day 2, sorry for the blurry image -- light was fading. Most plumbing done, pressure test complete, pump and filter installed and about 80% of steel work done. Not bad for 2 days! Equipment is around corner to the right and not visible in this picture

Attachments

• steel nearly done in low light conditions.jpg
    steel nearly done in low light conditions.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,166
jamgolf said:
That is some fine progress for 2 days of work.

True, I am absolutely astonished at how much got done in 2 days. The soil conditions have turned out to be ideal making the dig go fast. Then some of the guys said the shade made it easier to work on the plumbing and steel. In any case, whatever the reasons, it has gone remarkably fast. I am sure there will be several "no progress" days in my near future that will be frustrating, but for now, "woo-hoo" it is really moving fast.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.