Finally done.

sredish

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2007
North of Dallas
Finally done with the year long pool project. Pool was up and running last June and it took forever to get the cabana finished, but oh, victory is sweet.

I was going to do a built-in BBQ, but opted against it at last minute so I can set the island up as a buffet and roll the BBQ out if need be. It fits right in the right-hand side perfectly as it was built in and we end up leaving it rolled out and just rolling it in when we want to BBQ. TV is 40" LCD and we put in a Dish HD satellite. Tile mural above the sink came from http://www.TheTileMuralStore.com and the pictures don't do it justice. All the counter top tile and back splash is glass and the mosaic mural was a custom design. There's a 10" subwoofer under the double oven, hence the speaker mesh. We still have a little 'decorating' to do. We want to get some stuff for the walls, I wanted a couple neon beer signs but the wife is against it; little things left but that's all.

You can view all the pictures in this directory... http://www.redishconstruction.com/images/Personal/Pool (files 11 through 27)

[somehow my pictures got deleted off the server... trying to find them]

i'll also refresh you guys with the kiddie area and other pool features, and I forgot the bathroom thats in the cabana:

13.jpg

14.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2638.JPG

IMG_2640.JPG

I love the tile back splash! So colorful!

Looks like you might need more TP for the BR though. :lol: I'm really diggin the fish too!

Looks awesome!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
hey guys, thanks. the idea was to have a place to go that takes you away from home when you're out there; and it works. the 'inspiration' was a mexican or caribbean resort feel.

nothing like sitting out there on a sat. night with UFC on in HD, staying out there till 11pm, chillin with a cold one.

these are a couple pics of the weekend we got it done. It was done on a Friday and we were watching the last UFC on that Sat. (me in the gray shirt)

Attachments

• DSC_0494.JPG
    DSC_0494.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,673
  • DSC_0496.JPG
    DSC_0496.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,677
What an awesome looking area!! I'm the guy who sent you the emails asking dimensions, etc..
UFC huh? That's exactly what I have invisioned myself doing once my project is done. Nothing like a good sporting event in the evening after a day in the sun!!

Great job!!

It's bad enough that everyone here has such fab pools (even the intex ones are better than my currently non-existant one!!) but to flaunt a second, outdoor kitchen that is bigger and better than my ONLY kitchen is just doggone inconsiderate of you! ;_

j/k THat is one FABULOUS setup you have. If it was me, especially with the outdoor bathroom, I would probably never go inside again!!!

thanks a lot guys. this started as a small plan i drew out almost 2 years ago and it's nice to see it finally done.

being a general contractor, i get some fringe benefits. the double oven was bought and not used in a job about a year and a half ago, so we covered it up and put it in the shop... when the cabana became a thought, we put it aside to go in it. a lot of people thought it was huge overkill, including us, but our very first party, we bbq'ed some stuff and warmed both the ovens and kept it warm in there for hours... filled up both ovens... so that was that.

the fridge has some dents and dings in it when you take a picture, but they're very hard to see in person, nonetheless, it's irritating. we didn't see it until we took a picture with the flash then Bam. not too mention, i had to swap the handle from the left to the right side and i got a little too froggy and busted the bottom door handle off, so a new is on order, in case you noticed.

some of the audio equipment was bought for a customer job and then they decided to upgrade more, so it was set aside to use out here as well. most of the hardi siding was left over from some jobs as was the metal roof. so we were really able to use some spare stuff and save a little bit.

i checked in to some nice pool furniture but it's just way too expensive for me right now. i'll wait a little while. those barstools were $69 each from Target and the little chairs and table to the left of the cabana were $125 for a set of 4 chairs and a table, so I got two.

we got all the cushions and umbrellas from Pottery Barn, wife liked the colors.

I believe there's another UFC coming up soon, the Bedlam one. Anyone coming over?? :)

Well, I do declare...that is one fantabulous setup you have!! :cheers: You have GOT to have a hard time leaving the place to go to work! :lol: Well, I guess what they say is true...nothing is done in small fashion in Texas!! :wink: :lol: Enjoy!

Yes, the palm tree is metal - complete with coconuts!! We got it from a little western store down the street from us called the Longhorn General Store. Had to set it in a concrete pier so it wouldn't fall over and kill someone, then had to re-weld all of the leaves on so that they wouldn't fall on someone and kill them, either. Wasn't much, about $150. Also have a metal fish, crane, pelican, and sea turtle. Got those guys from Dennards Western Wear www.dennardsfarmsupply.com.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.