Foam for Intex

Jun 12, 2010
Hello again.
I'm thinking of buying an Intex pool. Our 24' round doughboy was destroyed in a tornado. We had it 20+ years :>( ... I am getting older and not sure that I want to put in another semi permanent ABG. So.... I am thinking of an Intex pool. Which one? the ring or frame type. Do you have to take both of them down each season? We live in IL. There are outdoor cats. Do I need to worry about them poking holes?
I'm reading that I should have foam underneath. What type am I looking for at Lowes?
Yes, to the separate forum for the Intex BTW.
Thanks folks.

Metal frame would be easier for you.
As for the cats, I have the 20 x 48 Ultra Frame Intex.
2nd year and I love it. I have one cat that loved the cover of it.
So I clip her claws (probably against her will though) and
she sits on the pool steps and watches.
The carpet that goes under the hardwood floors is what we bought,
taped the seems and added two tarps;. and brick pavers under the legs,

Good luck!!

I just bought 3/4 inch 4x8 sheets of Styrofoam from my local lumber yard and Duct tape them together. I used 8 sheets with my 16ft pool. I didn't bother with the tarp. I am glad I went with the Styrofoam, it keeps the pool from getting cool from the ground and the cushioning is perfect. Just cut excess foam off around the edge of the pool and support the legs with wood or whatever you choose. That's what I did and it works great! :cheers:

I have 1/4" pink stuff meant as underlayment for siding. It comes in a 4-foot-wide, 50-foot-long fanfold, which made for a bit less taping. Not sure if you'll find it at Lowe's though. They sell GreenGuard brand. And I have an Ultra Frame Intex, which I plan to leave standing year-round in SW Michigan.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.