FC, CC, TC New Math

:lol:
The FAS-DPD only measures FC and CC ... then you add them up to get TC. Do not try to compare the FAS-DPD chlorine numbers to the OTO number directly (if that is what you are doing). Trust the FAS-DPD.

Oooooohhhh gotcha. For the OTO, that's why the instructions say, look but don't write them down. I'm pretty sure that's what I was doing. Thanks!

I'm using the SimplePool app because I can select TFP parameters. It has TC and CC, but not FC.
I used to use the Pool Care app, and it has FC and CC. I can enter and set the TFP parameters - would that be better?

Thanks again for sitting through another newbie mistake.

Nic

Simple Pool: If FC and CC are the more important numbers, why is FC left out, and TC included?

Pool Care: Trying to enter TFP parameters and every time I save, it crashes. :grrrr:

Pool Pal: I've got it, but didn't like the interface. I don't think I can enter "ranges" only specific numbers for goals. It does have the TFP numbers to see/refer to.

I'll try Pool Pal again - Thanks!

Edit: I finally got Pool Care to keep the levels - it's worth a 2nd look.

It calculates the FC for you. I don't know why, but I just enter my TC and the CC and in the adjustment section it shows the FC number and gives recommendations based on whichever "system" you choose. I choose to use TFP settings.

But why enter TC? You do not actually measure that. So you have to test the FC ... remember that number. Then test the CC. Then remember the FC and add the CC and then enter the TC and CC ... does that not seem like more effort than just being able to enter FC and then CC ????

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Even though I do not use the app, I just sent Ken a PM asking this question and I see that Nplsdvr posted the question in the Simple Pool thread.

I mentioned to Ken he should let the user pick whether they want to enter TC or FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.