DE Filter

May 15, 2013
Ct
Couple of questions.

This is my second year doing this myself. So far, not bad. Last year I kept the pool sparkling by the seat of my pants. I closed and opened the pool with out a hitch :party:

What I noticed last year, I had to clean my DE filter about 4 times in the summer. My local pool guy said thats normal. I really dont know what is the normal amount of cleaning. This year, I only cleaned it once so far. My pool has only been opened for two weeks. Its looking nice and clean. I read over the Pool School info. So If I missed something, sorry. I also think last year I used too much DE. My scoop was "two scoops" .

My start pressure is 10, but it rises quickly to 20 and stays there. If I back wash, It will go back down to 10, but then go back up to 20. The filter in the pump is clean and the filter in the pool is clean. No leaks or anything else that I can see.

I took the filter out and hosed it all down. The start up was 10 and still rose to 20 shortly after. Should I just be hosing it or use soap or anything else?

I hope I gave enough Info.

Thanks
Lisa

Would you describe the water in your pool as "sparkling"? If not, it may be normal DE filter behavior. The pressure goes up when they get dirty.

If the water is clear, your DE grids may need a more thorough cleaning. What have you been doing when you clean the filter?

Right now its blue but a bit cloudy. It was really a mess after last year, it looked like a pond and its been two weeks of cleaning. I take the grid out and hose it. Sometimes ill take the fins off sometimes not depending on time. I have the spray nozzle on the hose so I can get some good pressure on the fins.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.