Removing Hayward Offline Chlorinator - plugging holes

heweydewey

LifeTime Supporter
May 20, 2013
Erie, PA
Hi,

I have a hayward offline chlorinator hooked up which I havent used for 2 years. The only reason I even have it hooked up is because of the two holes I had to drill in my pvc piping to install it.

Does anyone know what I can use to cap these holes off so I dont have to hook it up anymore? Trying to avoid having to redo my pvc.

Thanks!

Some people just take one tube and run ti between the holes in a loop. It bypasses a little water but not enough to matter.

You could always just thread them and screw plugs in them. That's what I would do.

I took those two plastic "washers", filled them with PVC glue, (dug thru my scrap screw box until I found the perfect size) and placed a screw just covering the hole. Made sure the screw end went into the PVC side (i was afraid if i didn't the screw would come flying at me). I let it dry for a few days and installed normally with the clamps it came with. Three weeks and still holding!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 180
Great! Thanks for the suggestions!

I had tried running one tube between the two holes (though without the loop). That worked out alright but I wasn't sure if it was also causing DE leak into the pool.

Thanks again!

Can some one help me out with "Made sure the screw end went into the PVC side". Here are the steps I understand:

1. Remove the chlorinator tube. Fill up the the plastic washers where the pipe went into with pvc glue
2. Do you place a screw into the two washers or into the pvc pipe below the washers?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.