Delivery of 12x24 Doughboy?

Jun 10, 2013
Bumpass, Virginia
Could I fit all the boxes, pump, filter and liner that come with a new 12x24'x52" Doughboy in the back of my 8' bed pickup truck or should I have the company deliver it for $75? I'd have to drive about 45 min. to go get it and I don't mind doing that, just don't want to make two trips! I have a crew-cab, Ford F-250. Surely, I should be able to get it all in there, right? :lol:

I don't know. From what I remember the boxes are pretty big, plus that stuff is heavy and lifting it in and out of the truck could be an issue. Your best bet is to ask the pool company how many boxes and the size of the biggest box.

I ordered my pool pkg online and it came all nice and neatly packaged/wrapped on a wooden skid that was about 3'X5' or so, freight company put it in the back of my truck with a forklift, I have a short bed truck and it fit.
No guarantee that yours will be the same, just saying that all my stuff fit no problem.

We picked up our Doughboy 32' round in a Tundra pulling a trailer. I really don't think it all would've fit in the bed of the truck. Additionally, the walls were pretty heavy and we were happy to have the low trailer where we could just kinda scoot and roll the boxes out of the trailer without lifting too much.

I brought home my 21 round in my pick-up but an oval pool has plates and braces for the straight parts of the pool.

I am going to guess the cost in gasoline is likely equal to the delivery cost+hassle+time required.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There are dealers the list prices for other brands online but I am not sure DB dealers do. I have a feeling the dealer's prices are pretty regional.

What I have learned over the years is the price for the actual pool (the walls and supporting structure) are one thing, the cost of the skimmer, ladder, filter,hoses, pump... are much more variable. These "extra" non-pool items also have a much larger long term effect on the over cost and maintenance of the pool. I think if I were shopping today, know what I know. I would select a pool and get a price just for the pool/skimmer and then price the ladder and filter/pump separate or research the filter/pump assemblies and then price the pool as a package.

I have an Aqua Leader (by Wilbar) and like it. I am very happy with my Aquabug and bought a replacement (assuming you are going flat bottom). I would buy an Integrity ladder over anything else as its only about 4 pieces and not a bunch of little pieces like the Confer products. It can also be used as an A-frame and then converted to deck ladder and the outside ladder comes off for security. I did replace the outside legs with shorter pieces of PVC as I had a deck on the outside of my pool that was about 12 inches up the pool's wall. It is now being used as a deck ladder and the outside ladder is not being used.

I guess I should sell the support and ladder pieces.

Ralfina, I ended up getting a 21' round Quest pool, but I still have the price list that I got on a few of the Doughboys!

Copper Canyon 12x24' - $5220 pool pkg.
Silver Lake 12x24' - $4835 pool pkg.
Autumn Breeze 12x24' - $4835 pool pkg.

Expandable liners run about $480, but they deduct the difference from your total price because an overlap liner comes in the package. If you decide to go with one of their beaded liners, the beaded receiver was $100 for that size pool. You also have to add tax to all the package prices. That's why I ordered my pool from the internet! No tax and free shipping to my house! :party:

21' round pools were a little cheaper.

21' Copper Canyon pkg. $4320
21' Palm Shore pkg. $4635
21' Desert Spring pkg. $4890
21' Sapphire pkg. $4775

Hope that helps some!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.