Liquidator check valve issue.....

Feb 8, 2008
Milford, CT
Just setup my LQ (as per the LQ install thread) but figured Id ask this question separately.

I have a sort of unique install.........my filter is about 10' away and about 4' below where the LQ is installed (inside my shed). Without the inlet side check valve in line, I get a flow reading of about 3.5, which I believe is good enough. However, I installed the inlet side check valve (about 12" away from the LQ itself, per the manual), and not only did it cut down my flow to about 2, but this morning I caught it at NO flow........turned the pump on and there was water coming in the inlet, but not much (restricted by the check valve? i dunno) and there was no water flowing out. Removed the check valve, and everything was back to normal.

I did notice without the check valve on the inlet side, the hose "goes dry" after the pump is shut down. Is there any harm in this? It fills right back up once the pump is started, so I didnt seem to have a priming problem.

If the check valve really should be installed, any tips on getting this all to work? Can I move the check valve closer to the filter and maybe have better luck?

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

Chris,

Have you tried blowing through the check valve just to see how it performs? I can't help but think you may have a bad valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.