2 out of 3 returns not working & then some...

Jun 18, 2013
I opened my pool Sunday. When I went to take the last cap off of the 3rd return in my pool I found that my pool company had left the eye in that return. I live in Northern Illinois and it does freeze here. Now, I only have 1 working return (and it's not the one that the eye was left on). I'm not sure if the two of these things could be related. I'm worried I have a (or two) cracked pipe(s). Anyone ever have the same issue? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I have 2 returns that are NOT working, one that is. I do have valves, they're all on the open position. I have tried opening and closing the valves...thinking it may be that but it doesn't make a difference. I'm at my wits end!

So, come to find out my pressure gauge was not working properly - there was a small leak on the bottom of the filter. After sealing the cap on properly the pressure was then high enough for the other two returns to work. Thanks for all your input, glad it was a happy outcome! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.