Pool is unlevel

Jun 16, 2013
Alamogordo, Nm
Hi, I have done some reading and I have gotten a lot of helpful tips and information. But I still have some questions. My backyard is seriously on a slope. We tried to dig down about 4 inches, make a frame for the pool, fill it with sand, level it and put the pool on top. We finished and I filled the pool up yesterday and it is about 6 inches off on the front side of one side of the pool. Also, the side that is off is bowed some. I filled the pool overnight and I checked on it but did not pull the supports taut. Some of them are a tad lose, I wouldn't say it was enough to make the pool unleveled. We placed the supports on pressure treated wood as Intex suggested, and tried to make them as level as we could. I'm kind of at a loss here, my family thinks we should kick out the supports some more to try and get it more level hoping that may help. Other than draining and starting over, I have no idea what to do at this point. Any help would be appreciated!

6" out sounds like a dangerous situation just waiting to happen. Please, start over. You can not build these pools up with sand and dirt.

I went to Home Depot looking for pavers or concrete and they didn't have any that would be strong enough to hold up to the weight of the pool. I believe I have found some that may work, they are 16x16 concrete step stones. Also, a picture of the inside of the water level of my pool. I think that the backside supports (the side to the right) are not dug down deep enough and that is why it is not level. That is also the side that is bowed. The left side frame is very near straight. I would like to start over but after talking to my parents, I don't know if that's a possibility. I was thinking we could try to relevel the supports using the concrete step stones.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 122

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have decided to redo the pool with/without the help of my parents. It may take a little longer, but it stays pretty hot here in New Mexico until about September/October. I did some research on the forums and decided to use a different pool base than sand. I am also going to relocate the pool to a different area of the yard that is much more level to begin with. It's only maybe 2 or 3 inches off level. I am going to dig down and use extruded polystyrene foam as my base. I am also going to use concrete stones as my supports and cut into the foam to place them. I had a question though. If I'm using the foam, how far should I dig down to place the pool? It is 2 inches in depth, so should I dig 4 inches for the base of the pool then place the foam, a tarp, and then the pool liner?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.