Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sound Systems

1. Back To Top    #1

Sound Systems

Would like to add a 6 CD player and speakers to our store bought island. Do they sell them at places like Best Buy that are good for leaving outside? Or, do you use boat ones? Ever time I go into one of those stores, I get a salesperson who looks like they are 12 years old and they talk over my head (and I usually buy something that's not what I needed). Anyone put one in that works good?
    Built in 95, 35,000
    3 Hayward Super II, NaviGator (retired),Baracuda. Dolphin Diagnostic cleaner
    1/2 the water changed 5/4/8, 2/3rds changed 5/17/08

2. Back To Top    #2

I don't think you'll find much at Best Buy that will withstand living outdoors. You would probably find more options at a boating store, or check out http://www.westmarine.com and http://www.crutchfield.com for marine stereo equipment. It is more water/humidity resistant and has a water tight cover over the face of the unit.
    26,000 Gallon Gunnite IGP
    2 HP Challenger High Head Pump
    60sf Nautilus DE filter
    Polaris 280

3. Back To Top    #3
    I would leave the cd player/amp inside and run the speakers outside. You can get outside speakers almost anywhere.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

4. Back To Top    #4

I agree with Brian. The marine equipment is good, but it is expensive and the weather still takes its toll in it.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

5. Back To Top    #5
    I agree with the idea of the speakers outside and the equipment inside. Consider something with a remote, so you can adjust the volume from your lounge chair/barstool.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

6. Back To Top    #6
    I use a Roku Soundbridge M1001 connected wirelessly to my PC in the house to 4 Accoustic Research outdoor wireless speakers. Giggity!

Todd