Smartpool Nitro... Does anyone have this unit? Opinions?

eelhc

May 30, 2007
Looks like a bottom + hopper only robotic unit...

Nitro-POP-Bottom.jpg

I have this cleaner, the first week I didn't like it at all. It wouldn't work right and stayed around the bottom of the deep end. I finally discovered that the filter bag wasn't snapped in place correctly. After that problem was fixed it has performed pretty good. It does climb walls even though Smartpool says it doesn't. Mine has almost climbed all the way out of the pool. It operates fairly fast also. This is my only experience with a robotic cleaner but I would say it's a keeper. I have some friends that have the same cleaner and they are very satisfied. Hope this helps.

VintagePool said:
I have this cleaner, the first week I didn't like it at all. It wouldn't work right and stayed around the bottom of the deep end. I finally discovered that the filter bag wasn't snapped in place correctly. After that problem was fixed it has performed pretty good. It does climb walls even though Smartpool says it doesn't. Mine has almost climbed all the way out of the pool. It operates fairly fast also. This is my only experience with a robotic cleaner but I would say it's a keeper. I have some friends that have the same cleaner and they are very satisfied. Hope this helps.

Thanks...

I have a hopper bottom pool with a small shallow end. My problem with most pool cleaners have been that they tend to do a very good job of cleaning the deep end but gets to my shallow end only occasionally. How's the Nitro cleaning the shallow end?

Cleaning the shallow end is spotty. It does well at times but I had the power unit at the deep end and noticed that occasionally the cord would get tangled causing it not to go all the way to end of the shallow end. I've since moved the power unit to an outlet at the shallow end and it appears to be cleaning that end better. Moral of the story, try to keep the cord untangled as much as possible.

tip for keeping cord from getting tangled

We have the Nitro and we like it. I read this tip somewhere and tried it and it worked really well. We had an old Kreepy pool vac and took the hose in 3 ft sections and put it around the cord spaced a few feet apart. It worked great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.