Wood planter around pool/section of metal fence? Fence ideas

I'm having a sunken above ground pool installed next week. I'm on a very tight budget but i'd like to have a fence around the pool to prevent kids from getting in. It doesn't necessarily have to be 4' high, so i'm looking for some ideas. I like the black aluminum fencing but does not fit in my budget.

Right now i'm probably going with black chainlink, but would like something a little better looking. I could build wood planters with tall grasses inside, and I could maybe make a few sections the black metal fence. Has anyone seen wood planters around a pool? I thought about no fence and just having tall grasses as a barrier, but I live in a cold climate so the grasses won't last all year.

Anybody have any budget friendly fence/ barrier ideas?

Re: Wood planter around pool/section of metal fence? Fence i

Just my two cents, I would be concerned specifically with plantings to mask the fence as it would obscure your visibility into the pool area. With young children this is an imperative. We have a black aluminum estate fence (the fence that does not fit your budget) and we will not allow any towels to hang on the fence for this very reason. We have three young children ages 2-9 and want full line of site on that water at all times.

Re: Wood planter around pool/section of metal fence? Fence i

We would have a small patio area inside the fence, so we would be able to see them from there. Also the end that faces our patio i would do a fence that you can see through, which can also be seen from the house.
All along the side is where i'm thinking and in a really narrow lot, we would never be sitting along the side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.