New Temp Pool Owner

Jun 18, 2013
I need some help. I recently bought a 15 x 48 intex easy set pool. It comes with a 637R pump. which i am having touble with it was working fine. now it has stopped and I cant get it to work :rant: . The breaker has not tripped and i am using the correct voltage? The power cord has a test and reset button. I have read and re-read the manual. What are these for? Thank you.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

The cord has a built in GFCI. I take it you have never used a hair dryer before ;)

It may need to be plugged into power when the Reset button is pushed if it has tripped. The Test button is just that, tests the GFCI functionality.

Thank you so much. yes you are correct I have never used a hair dryer!. I have checked the pump on another GFCI outlet and it is in fact not working. Intex C/S was pretty good and I will be getting new pump in a few days. Downfall is I have a pool full of water I will probably have to drain. Not good when you have a water meter and a budget. Is there any way to keep the water decent without a pump?

PS: This site is amazing. its a must for all pool owners!!

Denise
Intex 15 x 48 3754 gallon
Pump 637R 1000 GFCI

If it's just going to be a few days you don't need to drain it.. just maintain your FC levels and you should be okay once you can get the water moving again. You can use a skimmer net or leaf rake to "stir up" the pool several times a day and after adding bleach/chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.