Trying to decide on the RIGHT AGP. Oppinions welcome!

Jun 18, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
Hi, the hubby and I have made the decision to purchase an AGP. It has consumed the last week of my life researching, digging, trying to find answers... Needless to say I am getting overwhelmed. Have been reading through posts on this site for the last few days and maybe Im just missing it but is there any recommendations on brands of AGP? We have gone to every pool store here in Omaha and listened to all the speeches as to why one is better than the other. I need some unbiased opinions please! We are going back and forth between a 24' or 27'... our yard is plenty big but not sure if that extra 3 feet makes that big of a difference? Here are the brands I have come across...
Doughboy - I know this is a top brand and you get what you pay for but is it really worth the $6000 and $1800 for installation?
Seaspray Evolution - $4095 for top line pool/package $1000 for installation
Garden Leisure - $3850 for top line pool/package $1000 for install
Century - $3000 for top line pool/package $1000 for install

All the pools we are looking at are compareable in regards to size of top rails and upright posts...

still trying to learn about filters/pumps I just want to make sure I get good, quality, sufficiant parts from the start.

Any helpful tips/oppinions/suggestions would be welcomed! Thanks in advance!

The RIGHT pool is the one that is RIGHT for you. Go with the biggest pool you can accommodate---nobody ever wished for a smaller pool once they had one! Check the warranty, warranty, warranty if you want an AGP with a salt water chlorine generator or are interested in burying it somewhat. Everybody here is gonna recommend you upgrade to a 2 speed pump and a darn good sized sand filter or otherwise. Make sure your pump and filter are close matches in gallons per hour. Welcome to the forum! Oh yeah, and order one of the test kits we recommend too.

I'm also in the go bigger camp. :wave: We ordered a 15x24 and were upgraded to a 15x30 (pool store mistake) anyway we are so glad we went bigger. If my yard could accommodate a larger pool I would want it even bigger. We have a Buster Crabbe, middle of the road resin and steel pool, no complaints. My inlaws have a doughboy all resin. It's about 12 years old and looks brand new. You can tell it is a better quality pool than ours. If I had to do it over I'd probably go Doughboy but at the time we didn't know if we were planning on living in this house forever or if we would want to upgrade to an in-ground a some point. I don't think you can go wrong either way. I'd just make sure you have the right installer and take good care of the water to help the pool equipment last, i.e. order a good test kit and listen to the good people on this site. :party: