minimax 100 heater adapters for an intex above ground pool

Jun 18, 2013
picked up a 22 foot intex ultra frame, and also bought a minimax 100 heater. Question is, what adapters will i need to put the heater inline with the intex pump. Also, will running an intex saltwater chlorinator be a problem?

Re: minimax 100 heater adapters for an intex above ground po

First, YOU need to read your installation directions to see what, if any, outlet/inlet adapters were provided with the heater. Either 1 1/2 or 2 inch PVC would work for your setup. You need to also read the threads on this sub forum on the Intex adapters that we make to interface regular PVC piping to the intex equipment using electrical 1 1/2 to 1 1/4 inch adapters.

As a side note, unless your are running the bigger Intex pumps (like the 2650gph one), I doubt if the smaller ones that come with some of the Intex pools have enough pumping capacity to engage a pressure switch which is integral to most pool heaters......don't know what I mean....READ you heater manual. You may have to upgrade to a bigger Intex pump or get a "real" pump and filter setup.

Bob E.

My minimax came with a adapter for 1.5" PVC. I have a 2HP 2 speed waterway pump that provides sufficient flow on low speed. Best guess is 40-50gpm on low, from the information I found.

I would say you definitely need the bigger intex pump and possibly a bit more to guarantee compatibility. Maybe look on craigslist for an agp pump.

SWCG should be after the heater. (not sure if that's possible w/ the intex setup)

I bought the heater used. it also came with a hayward pump and filter ( was previously on a 15x30 AG pool). So as far as adapters and such, they both came with various plumbing pieces and such, all pre-mated and glued into eachother. So based on the idea that the new pump is not enough for the heater ( although i thought i saw a couple pics of a guy on here that plumbed his intex with my exact same intex pump and heater). should i just use the hayward pump and filter, ran into the heater, then run into the saltwater chlorinator? it possible to just use the existing holes on the intex liner for the plumbing for the hayward? The heater and pump were a good deal and and purchased after the pool went up( bought the entire pool for 300, scrapped the pool and kept the heater and pump).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.