Filter question

shutch

Jun 8, 2013
Missouri
Hello everyone! First I would like to say that this is the best, most helpful site on the internet! Thank you all! Now to my question..last year we purchased the intex 15x42 metal frame pool. This year I purchased the same pool only 15x48. We live in Missouri and will more than likely be taking the pool down in early September for the winter. We still have everything from the first pool. Is it possible to use last years pump and the new one together? Is there a link that perhaps shows how to do this? Would this be sufficient? I am not really into getting a sand or saltwater system at this time since we will only have the pool up for a couple of months and washing the filters out last year wasn't that big of a problem and kept our pool clean. It just seemed like toward the end of the year we were running the pump more than when we started.

Welcome to TFP!

If the pumps you have are the small ones that came with the pools, they are NOT good enough, especially if you pool gets into trouble, which is likely with the lack of circulation and filtering capabilities of these "starter" pumps.

Intex (krystal kleer ect) pump and filter units are relatively inexpensive. Check here for some of what's available.

I'd get either the 56633EG or 56671EG in your situation, depending on if you wanted sand filter or cartridge.

I opted for the cart for mine. Sand gets heavy when you take it down at season's end.

Where in MO?

Ok guys. Thank you for your responses! Pool has been up for two days. Looked great. Today, cloudy, debris and not a drop of chlorine even after following the instructions here for opening seasonal pools. We have decided to get a different system, but are unsure how they work. Sand or saltwater? Do they both require to be setup with current (crappy system)? Doesn't matter to us, but low maintenance and lower cost is what we are aiming for! Suggestions? Could anyone direct me to a plain English post where I can learn how these work?! :p Thank you so very much! (Charlie, we are in Boonville!)

Ahh. Mexico here.

You can do something similar to what I did for my heater for your second pump unit.

1" PVC pipe had a close outside diameter to the inner diameter to the small Intex hoses. Use a short piece of bicycle inner tube to give it a seal surface between the PVC and hose.

That would be the only way you could use both pumps on your pool at reasonable cost. Prime with your garden hose stuck into the end of your intake line.

If you decide to go with a larger pump, they usually come with the larger pool wall fittings. Easy enough to put in, but you will have to cut the hole in your liner for them. Instructions were included with my 633 cart pump and filter.

Suggestion: buy the Unicel C-4607, or Filbur FC-3710 to repace your Intex brand filters. You would be amazed at the difference!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.