Are my levels okay?

Aug 30, 2012
GA
I started using this forum last year when I thought I had a mustard algae problem. Turns out after bleaching my liner to a perfect baby blue, I have a filter issue...Oh well. I'm trying to really understand the pool levels. They are currently...

PH: 7.8
FC: 4.5
CC: .5
TC: 5
TA: 160
CH: 160
CYA: 30

I had to add last night 308 oz of 6% bleach to finally get my chlorine levels up. I understand the CYA and Chlorine chart - and I know they are a little high right now. I'm having a hard time making sure (and understanding) what the TA and CH should be. On the recommended levels for TA it states 70-90+ and on the CH is states 50-300. Can someone tell me if the TA and CH is okay?

The TA will tend to push the pH up quickly, but if you keep lowering it with acid, it will eventually settle down. I wouldn't consider the TA alarmingly high, so there's no rush to lower it. And it's not harmful - you've been drinking from the same water source.

Low CH is no problem in a vinyl pool.

Assuming the temperature is good, go swimming and stop worrying.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.