Pool unlevel? Say it isn't so!

Apr 29, 2013
NE Oklahoma
Ugh. I'm sorta freaking. We spent days upon days leveling the dirt, then more leveling and tamping 2 tons of sand. I honestly do not think we can get it more level.

I filled it about a foot deep before it started suddenly storming yesterday. This morning there's a gradual sloping to a "deep" end. Visually and with our 4 ft levels on a board, the ground was very level. And we made sure all the legs were level too. We put 12" sq pavers under every leg and took the level from leg to leg as we put the pavers under

So seeing that slight slope this morning was very disheartening. :(

I think it is no more than 2 inches deep at about 3 legs on the far side.

Please tell me I don't have to redo it all. :.(

Husband says I should just see how bad it is after it's full. Especially as I was dumb enough to start putting in the salt already in my optimism yesterday. Tho to be fair, it didn't look uneven last night.

Oh and I have lots of pics on my iPhone but can't seem to attach then.

Regardless of the pics, if you are 2" out of level, that's too much. You might get away with it or your pool might slowly come over.

If you redo, sand is not really a good base for leveling a pool...it washes out unless you build something to retain it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.